|NEPHKIDS Etiquette rules:
1. When replying to a
message please include only the part of the original
1. If you are replying to a message and you need to quote from the message to which you are replying, quote only enough for clarification. Some of the people who use the list pay for downloading time, which can get expensive. I do realize that not all people can edit, but if those who can do so, this might save some people out of pocket expenses. Also, since the message responded to already exists in the archives, we can save lots of archival space for additional information.
2. If you need to quote a message bit by bit in order to reply to different comments, do so but do attempt to edit out what is not needed.
3. If you have a short one or two line response that is clearly meant to go directly to the member you are posting to, please post your response to the member and not to the list. Some people are too ill to be at a computer for long periods of time and others have jobs or children and cannot spend two to four hours daily reading or deleting messages.
5. Attempt to use the subject abbreviations in your heading. Using these abbreviations will enable people to delete your message without reading it should the message not pertain to their needs. A copy of the abbreviations will be available in a separate post.
6. Commercial postings are not allowed and could lead to the removal of your subscription. Commercial postings are advertising - to proclaim the qualities or advantages of a product or business so as to increase sales. Sending web sites that proclaim undocumented and unscientific evidence of cures for the same purpose, advertising, are included in this ban.
7. Requests for research subjects MUST go through the listowners for posting approval, and if research projects are not submitted for approval prior to posting, the listowners will post a public comment and your subscription may be removed from the list.
8. Rude or inappropriate messages cannot be permitted and could lead to the removal of your subscription. If you do have a conflict with anyone, please try to settle it by private email, and it might be best if you wait a few days before answering if you are upset or angry. Remember that all messages are read by people, not computers.
9. To maintain privacy and safety, please do not post private addresses or phone numbers to the list and do not post the phone numbers of physicians. Posting the phone numbers and addresses of institutions is fine.
10. Remember that the list is international and multicultural and that anything beyond general prayers, angels, and meditations is out of place. For those of you who need comfort beyond what this list has to offer, inform the listowners and we will attempt to guide you to an additional list that might give you solace.
11. Do not turn on the autoreply commands in your e-mail software. Example "I am out of the office this week and will return Monday." This will send an unncessary e-mail to every member of the list everytime a post is made.
12. Remember the copyright laws. Sending links to articles or journals is great and is encouraged, but sending the entire article is wrong. These laws are important for many reasons, primarily to protect intellectual property, but also when the entire article or study is sent via email, it is easy to alter the text.
13. The above law applies to letters posted on this list and other lists. Before passing a message to or from this list, please ask the person who wrote the message for permission to forward the post. This is proper netiquette.
One additional note, it would be wise to delete mysterious files without reading them. Although most warnings about viruses and worms are hoaxes, some mailing lists have received unwanted attachments that can be destructive or pesty.
To be cautious, do not open files that have an EXE, BAT, COM, REG, DLL, or VXD suffix. We strongly encourage you not to send attachments to your e-mail
Since many people on this list are carrying the great burden of a major illness, it is very important that we keep these rules. Thank you very much for understanding.